Seven Lies I Will Tell You to Get You to Come to My Gig Tuesday
- The first 50 guests will receive complimentary hammerhead shark chowder in a sourdough bread bowl.
- A dazzling pyrotechnic and laser-light display is being assembled for the last tune, a musical tribute to the non-Star Trek acting career of the late James “Scotty” Doohan.
- This week we will be playing only music written by gay or transgendered dwarfs of Slavic descent in solidarity with their cause.
- Arun Luthra, who is visiting from New York and will be sitting in with the band, is actually fourth in line for the throne of the Kingdom of Southwest Norway (in exile).
- All proceeds from drink sales will be donated to relief efforts for next week’s catastrophic volcano eruption in New Jersey.
- Miles Davis once said, “Ian is a bad !#$@f*&% who never #$%* no $@#^ off nobody and %$#@ his *$&@! #$&@* all the $%&* time.”
- It’s not my birthday.
WHO: Ian, trumpet, with
Adam Shulman, piano
Joe Cohen, saxophone
Kurt Kotheimer, bass
Jon Arkin, drums
…and special guest Arun Luthra on saxophone, direct from Noo Yawk!
WHERE: The House of Shields, 39 New Montgomery St. (betw. Market & Mission)
WHEN: Tuesday, July 26, 5:30-8:30 p.m.
HOW MUCH: Just pennies a day.